- How to use different media
- painting and drawing techniques
- art history
- contemporary art
- basic printmaking techniques
- individual advice on chosen media
- developing your own personal style, and, if appropriate, building a portfolio for interview and advice on professional practice.
What you will achieve
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- show that you have explored drawing with different media
- show that you can plan a painting effectively with regard to composition and scale
- produce at least 8 pieces of finished work
- assess your progress with the activities at an intermediate level
Other ACL arts courses including Painting and Drawing Intermediate starting in September 2017 which will include new projects and further challenges. If you have built up a significant portfolio of artwork you could apply for the part time or full time BA Fine Arts course at Northbrook College.
For Session 1 - please bring drawing materials - e.g. pencils, charcoal, pens, crayons, paper. Materials list given in week 1. For the course you will need the paint medium of your choice, for example: oil paint, acrylics etc. palette, brushes and supports (Zest-it medium for oils)
How to Enrol
For information on enrolling in person, by phone or by post, click here.
Steve Carroll Cert. Ed is a professional artist and a teacher whose aim is to build confidence in his students and express his passion for the subject.
What Past Students Say
"Really good - improved my skills and confidence. Can’t wait to do more."
"The tutor is very inspirational and patient. I have recommended the courses to friends who have also enrolled."