This Level 2 course introduces candidates to a very wide range set of skills, from working in a house installing
sockets and lights, through to maintaining motors and machines in an engineering environment.
- Health and Safety in Building Services
- Principles of Electrical Science
- Electrical Installations Technology
- Installation of Wiring Systems and Enclosures
- Understand How to Communicate with Others
within Building Services Engineering
English and Maths are part of the core programme of study. Students who have not achieved a A-C / 9-4 grade in English and Maths will be required to study the appropriate level as part of their main qualification. More information
There will be four multi-choice
examinations on the computer
system set by City & Guilds.
- Examination on working
effectively and safely in the
- Examination on the principles of
- Application of health and safety
and electrical principles
- Installation (buildings and
Also you will need to do two
- 3 phase network measurements
including applying all health and
- Mini installation in workshop
Both assignments include paperwork
to show competence at risk
assessment and knowledge.
After 1 year at level 2
you can achieve a City & Guilds 2365 Level 2 Diploma in
Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures).
This means you can seek employment and continue
training through work- based learning or full-time diploma to gain your Level 3