Practical units include:
- Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Producing thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
- Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Construct cavity walling forming masonry structures
Theory units include:
- 101 Level 1 Principles of Building Construction, Information and Communication
- 201 Level 2 Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- 202 Level 2 Principles of Building Construction, Information and Communication
- 301 Level 3 Principles of Organizing, Planning and Pricing Construction Work
GCSE’s in English and Maths are part of the core programme of study. Students who have not achieved a A-C / 9-5 grade in English and Maths will be required to study the appropriate level as part of their main qualification. More information
Practical assignments have been developed for each individual unit, which gives you the flexibility to assess learners in the manner which best suits you. This gives you the option to sign learners off on a unit-by-unit basis to aid with retention and recognise every learner’s achievements.
The knowledge assessment is designed to be taken on a computer using the Cskills Awards online testing platform. However paper testing is also available. The tests are externally set and marked multiple choice tests where learners can choose one of four possible answers. The tests cover the learning outcomes for each unit and measures that they have been met.Testing can be by single unit or by several units at a time.
After 1 year at Level 2
you can achieve a Level 2 Diploma in Trowel Occupations
This means you can seek employment or progress on to a
Level 3 course or an apprenticeship.
If you would like further information about this course or any other courses offered by Northbrook College please contact 0845 155 60 60