The Diploma includes the following units:
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
- Carry out first fix frames, partitions and stairs
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out carpentry maintenance
- Set up and operate a circular saw
Functional skills or GCSE’s in English and Maths are part of the core programme of study. Students who have not achieved a A-C / 9-4 grade in English and Maths will be required to study the appropriate level as part of their main qualification. More information
Students practical and theory work is assessed throughout the year. Students are required to produce subject specific assignments for theory before taking exams to complete each unit.
Practical training projects are assessed before progressing to a practical test.
After 1 year at Level 2
you can achieve a Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry.
This means you can apply for Level 3 or seek employment or apprenticeship.