Level 2 includes routine maintenance as well as the removing and replacing of engine, electrical, chassis and transmission components.
Units included in each year are:
- Knowledge and Skills in Health & Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Motorsport Environment
- Knowledge of Motorsport Event Regulations
- Knowledge and Skills in Inspecting a Motorsport Vehicle during Competition
- Knowledge and Skills in Materials, Fabrication, Tools and
Measuring Devices used in the Motorsport Environment
- Knowledge and Skills in Motorsport Engine Mechanical, Lubrication and Cooling System Units and Components
- Knowledge and Skills in Motorsport Fuel, Ignition, Air & Exhaust
System Units and Components
- Knowledge and Skills in Removing and Replacing Motorsport Chassis Units and Components
- Knowledge and Skills in Removing and Replacing Motorsport Electrical Units and Components
- Knowledge and Skills of Removing and Replacing Motorsport Transmissions, Driveline Units and Components
- Vehicle electrical and electronics
- ICT for Vehicle Repair
- Vehicle Mathematics
- Vehicle Science
After 1 year at Level 2 you can achieve an IMI Level 2 Extended Diploma in
Motorsport Vehicle Maintenance & Repair. This means you can progress to the Level 3 Extended Diploma course.
The course is assessed via a combination of examination and continuous assessment.
Practical assessment workshop tasks measure competence, which is the ability to complete a vehicle related job to an exacting standard.
Online examinations that assess underpinning knowledge.
Written Assessment to ensure one subject is understood before moving to the next topic.
Stationary - £2
Workshop PPE - £50
(Overalls, boots, gloves)
Graphic Calculator - £5-10
Maths Geometry Set - £10