This course will provide you with the basic knowledge and experience in preparing you to progress onto Level 2 Beauty therapy or Hairdressing.
- Brand new state of the art facilities and access to new technology
- Innovative methods and enjoyable learning
- You will support learners on the Level 2 & 3 programmes through reception work and salon organiser
- Work experience
- Functional skills in English and Maths
You will learn about:
- Introduction to the Hair & Beauty Industry
- Presenting a Professional Image
- Create an Image Based on a Theme
- Shampooing & Conditioning
- Hair Plaiting & Twisting
- Make Up Application
- Themed Face Painting
- Hand Care
- Skin Care
- Women’s Hair Styling
- Nail Art
- Temporary Colour
- Employability Skills and Customer Service
We operate a fully functioning salon which provides a realistic working environment.
GCSEs in English and Maths are part of the core programme of study. More information
After 1 year you can achieve a Diploma in Introduction to Hair & Beauty Sector. This means you can apply for one of our Level 2 courses.
What Past Students Say
Sasha Brown ‘Everything is brand new and a nice environment to be in. All staff are friendly and positive towards us as the students. Everyone at the college helps everyone out.'