To start on this course you need:
at least 4
GCSEs at grade 4 or above,
preferably including English
a relevant Level 2 qualification, including English and maths requirements.
You also need evidence of musical ability.
(If you will not have the above qualifications, you may be able to start on the Level 2 course instead, before applying to move on to this Level 3 course.)
If English is not your first language, please click here for IELTS requirements.
Study will include:
- Session styles: from disco to rock - R&B to heavy metal
- Instrument tuition - develop your technique and instrumental ability
- Gigging - regular performances in a range of settings
- Professional development - receive weekly feedback on your
performances from industry professionals
- TV/radio and touring
- Music theory & sight reading
- Music arranging & composing
- Music technology - recording, producing, writing music for film
- Recording sessions - write and record in some of the best
recording facilities in the country
- History of pop music and the music industry
If you have less that grade C/4 in GCSE English or Maths, you will also study that subject at college.
After 1 year at Level 3
you can achieve a UAL Diploma in Music Performance and Production.
This means you can progress to the Extended Diploma course (below).
After 2 years at Level 3
you can achieve a UAL Extended Diploma in Music Performance and Production. This is equivalent to 3 A Levels. This means you can apply for university level courses. Successful students can seek careers in Music Management, Teaching, Performance, Engineering and Production.
If you would like further information about this course or any other courses offered by Northbrook College please contact 0845 155 60 60
Funding & Financial Support