The programme is delivered primarily through workshops and project based activity, whilst being supported by research into historical and current media practice and investigations into the nature of media industries.
This course will help you to fulfill your creative potential in a friendly and supportive environment, whether you want to go into employment or prepare for study at level 3.
English and maths are part of the core programme of study. Students who have not achieved a A-C / 9-4 grade in GCSE English and maths will be required to study the appropriate level as part of their main qualification.
- Introduction to creative media methods and skills
- Introduction to production techniques in creative media
- Understanding an audience in creative media production
- Contextual research for creative media production
- Exploring audio production and technology
- Exploring visual production and technology
- Exploring interactive media production and technology
- Personal project and presentation in creative media production
It is our aim for students to work closely with local and national employers in the creative media industry.
Resources include access to iMacs with full Adobe Creative Cloud, as well as other relevant software.
The course is comprised of 8 units, 7 of which are ‘formative’ but all must be completed in order to be awarded a Diploma.
After 1 year at Level 2 you can achieve a BTEC Level 2 Diploma in
Creative Media Production. This means you can apply for the Level 3 Digital Arts course or other subject areas.
Future options could include graphic design, animation, photography, moving image, audio production etc.
It is advisable that students purchase large capacity external storage, although this is not compulsory.
If you would like further information about this course or any other courses offered by Northbrook College please contact 0845 155 60 60