Make the most of these extraordinary times and gain a nationally-recognised qualification. A short online course is a significant first step to improving your skills and achieving your career goals.
- how to take accurate body measurements
- to draft a block (template) of your choice
- how to make fit adjustments for your personal body shape
- the pattern cutting techniques to create a simple sewing pattern for a simple skirt, trousers or top/dress.
- By the end of the course you will be able to: draft a block from your own measurements, identify and make simple fit adjustments and create sewing pattern/s for your own simple design.
- 2H and HB pencils
- Multi-coloured fine tip pens
- Metric tape measure
- Paper scissors
- Optional pattern-cutting equipment: pattern master
After completion of this course you may wish to study another adult leisure or short course or gain a professional qualification.
There is no formal assessment for our adult leisure courses, your work will be reviewed during each class by the tutor.
*FREE* Online short courses
The applicable fees for this course, including any available discounts, will be listed in the information above.
How to apply
Once you have created an account, you can easily apply to your chosen course and track the status of your application at any time.
HOW THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORKS
Set Up Your Account
You’ll be prompted to create an account which will allow you to log in to our Application Tracker website whenever you wish. This will provide you with important information and you can also track the progress of your application.
Complete each step of the application form and then submit your completed form. We’ll let you know when we’ve safely received it with an acknowledgement email.
Application Review Meeting
Before offering you a place at college, we’ll meet with you (either in person, by telephone or online). We’ll send you a link to our booking page where you can select a time that’s convenient for you.
Accept Your Place
Offers will be sent to you via the email address you have provided. The offer will be conditional, based on predicted GCSE grades. You’ll need to accept your offer within 14 days to secure your place.
Once you receive your GCSE results, you’ll need to get in touch with the college to inform us of them and start your enrolment process.