Part time course fees vary. Please see the fee quoted on your course description page.


Higher education fees policy (PDF)

Support from Student Finance England


New students starting in or after September 2012

New students do not have to pay their tuition fees up front and are able to apply for a tuition fee loan providing the course is at least 25% intensity of an equivalent full time course. Tuition fee loans are not means tested. To apply online, download form PTL1 from early August from website www.slc.co.uk/england . You will need to bring your Student Finance Entitlement on your first day so that we can confirm your attendance.

For more information on how you are assessed and student loan terms and conditions visit www.slc.co.uk/england and for further information visit www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance then follow the links for part time student finance 2013/14.


Continuing students who started before September 2012 and who have previously applied for finance

You are able to apply for a grant towards tuition fees and equipment. This support is means tested. You will be emailed a short application form PTGC from mid-August. This form will also be available to download at www.slc.co.uk/england from 3rd September.

Continuing students who started before September 2012 and are applying for the first time

If you haven’t previously applied, but now wish to you are able to apply for a grant towards tuition fees and equipment. This support is means testedTo apply download form PTGN at www.slc.co.uk/england from September

Only members of Student Financial Support are authorised to complete the University/College section of the PTGC/PTGN, although we are unable to do so until you have enrolled on your course. You are able to bring this form into us on your first day if you wish – we are based on the West Durrington Campus. If you are on another campus, please ask a member of staff to forward this form to us securely. At Broadwater this can be done in R34. At Shoreham, this can be done at reception. Please note: if anyone else other than a member of Financial Services completes this section – it will delay your application.

Support from Northbrook College

Access to Learning Fund

Part time Higher Education students are also able to apply for the above fund – details are as listed in the Full Time section.

Important Notes


Students with existing qualifications

Under new Government funding arrangements, students enrolling on a higher education course from 2008/09 who already have a qualification at an equivalent or lower level qualification may in some circumstances not be eligible for a publicly-funded place on a course and may have to pay additional fees over and above those published in the College prospectuses. This does not apply to some provision considered a priority by the Government such as Foundation Degrees and certain subject areas. Students who qualify for the disabled students’ allowance will also be exempt from this funding change.


EU and International Students

EU students who have been resident in the UK consistently for 5 years before the start of their course will be able to receive the same support as a UK student. If you are an EU student and have not been in the UK for 3 years you will only be able to receive the Fee Loan to assist with your tuition fees.

International students are required to pay international fees. Please contact our Overseas Officer, by emailing: international@nbcol.ac.uk .

Students who have previously studied in Higher Education may not receive support for their entire course and should contact Student Finance England for clarification.

Northbrook Student Financial Support Team

We're here to help. For more information on what financial support is available, please contact a member of the Student Financial Support team direct on 01903 273014 or email student.support@gbmc.ac.uk


We also offer an all year round drop in service, at our West Durrington campus, open at the following times:

12.00pm-2.00pm Monday to Friday.

Standard Cancellation Charge and Refunds


It is not College policy to issue refunds unless it has been necessary to cancel the course and a substitute alternative is not available. Please note that there may be circumstances in which there are insufficient fee paying students to allow the course to be run. In these instances the College reserves the right to cancel the course. If this occurs, we will notify you and you will receive a full refund.

If the decision to withdraw from the course is that of the student, either prior to or within the first two weeks of the course commencing, a Standard Cancellation Charge of £30 will always be payable. Students who withdraw after the first two weeks will be required to pay the full fee. A £25 charge is levied to all students who do not attend an examination for which they are registered.


No refunds will be initiated if classes are cancelled for circumstances beyond the College's control.

Office for Students

For students to be eligible for funding from Student Finance England, they must be studying on an eligible course at a provider registered with the Office for Students (OfS).The OfS is the new independent regulator for higher education in England and all higher education providers need to register with the OfS for their students to be eligible for student support in the 2019-20 academic year.


The OfS will start publishing providers on its Register from July 2018. We have made an application to register and expect a decision between July - September 2018. No provider will be able to confirm whether student support is available until it has a decision from the OfS.

Visit www.officeforstudents.org.uk for more information.