Good news! The Learning Support Grant portal is now open for applications. Whether you need help with kit, equipment, trips, childcare, travel expenses or college meals, you may be eligible for support.
Funds are limited, we encourage students to apply as soon as possible. The application portal for the academic year 2023/24 is now open for you to apply for financial assistance towards course-related expenses.
To apply, simply follow these steps:
- Access the application form on the Learning Support Grant portal here.
- Complete the application form and submit it online.
- After submitting the form, please send all required financial evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
The eligibility criteria for the Learning Support Grant are as follows:
- Students aged 16 or over attending a fully-funded course at the College (full-time or part-time).
- Meeting the residency criteria specified in the application form.
- Receiving a 19+ Advanced Learner Loan for course fees (if over 19 years old)
- A household income of £24,000 or less (if 19 or over) or parental income if aged 16-18
- Partial contributions to costs may be awarded for incomes between £24,000 and £34,000
Assistance provided by the Learning Support Grant includes:
- Travel costs to and from the college (if you live more than 2 miles away).
- Books and equipment required for your course.
- UCAS application fees.
- Trips related to your course.
- Childcare expenses for students aged 20 or over.
- Students who meet specific criteria may be eligible for the Vulnerable Bursary, offering up to £1,200 per year.
Please note that funds are limited, and meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee assistance. Decisions are made at the discretion of the College.